Freshness

Freshness

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

To me, the two words for the show is to learn to 'let go'.

Well.. not a new concept to most but the act of doing so is certainly a tough feat, especially for those who struggle most part of their lives trying to understand and grapple with forgiveness. I am not an exception. There are lotsa emotional baggages the female lead holds on to, which weighs her down, causing her to be unable to move on. Indeed, she does have "control issues" as rightly pointed out by the guy in the temple. Surrenderedness, the heart of devotion - not easy for the modern working woman who takes on multiple roles and is expected to think on the feet before the situation occurs. Yet the beauty of being able to let go of the so-call balance far outweighs all things else.

I love the simplicity of living to enjoy the pleasures of life, the "sweetness of doing nothing". It's excellent, though far-fetching for the typical singaporean who slog day and night and plop himself/herself right in front of the TV wearing his pyjamas till the next working day. Sad. A total contrast to the ferocious appetite for life reflected in their appetite for good food... Maybe I am feeling kinda deprived, which explains for all this feelings surfacing or maybe it's just spelling out what has been going through my heart in the midst of all the mindless acitvities. Possibilities sounds like a good word. It gives me something bigger to look forward to :)

I love my life but I want to love it more each day till the very end :)

1 comment:

zhiyong said...

After the movie, it makes me feel like eating spaghetti and pizza ... Lol :)