Freshness

Freshness

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Passion continues to burn even when being snuffed out

Today, Hong Teck shared of his dream to plant a church in Botswana with his wife but had to halt the plans because his daughter, May ann came along by accident. Subsequently, the second child and then the third child. It was not what he has planned but God just gave and He just blessed, one after another...at an unexpected time when he had decided to go full-time. The next thing he shared strike a chord in my heart when he said that God will give us visions when it is according to His will, what He intended for us in our lives. It's something I believe in as well. He received a vision that he will be like Abraham, the father to many offsprings. His passion is inspiring :)

It reminded me of the morning's DMM when Tony ask how we can balance between being stretched by God and knowing it's time to take a spiritual rest. I shared that, to me, I will believe by faith that God has called me to do something with the intention of glorifying Him and I will know it is from Him when He reveals to me along the way with fruits that come with it. After the sharing, I feel like as though I was being brash in my saying that after he responded to say that success is not an indication of whether it is God's will. I guess it may be true cos we can WILL ourselves to reach success but what I meant was a kind of divine intervention when u just know. Something which only God can make it happen. Moments which I am humbled, moments which I feel assured it was Him and not Satan pulling a wool over me.

Yes, I can never be 100% certain but I know that God's ways are never easily understood at the beginning. It usually unfolds as time goes by. The sharing by Hong Teck just reaffirms to me on how God works in our lives, like a jigsaw puzzle. Piece by piece placed on the board till we get the picture. Not to jump to a conclusion when we have only seen the parts, but simply to just trust the person who created the puzzle and take it through baby steps.

4 more days to the last lap :)

No comments: