Freshness

Freshness

Friday, August 13, 2010

Blessing in disguise


Someone said to me that she hopes it will be a blessing in disguise. I ask myself what this 3 words mean. An unexpected nice surprise in a seemingly shitty situation? Perhaps so... I experience that first -hand at work today. Work has been : shitty. One word sums it all. I am not someone well-versed in office politics.But that's not a crime I believe. On whether it's a weakness, perhaps I'll receive a resounding yes from many, many... So loud that it has been drowning out everything else in my mind.  

God sure knows how to bring a smile to my heart :) Yes, even on Friday 13th, the supposedly horrid day where nasty news struck one after another. I was tempted to say, "That's life, Jiayan" in a slightly resigned tone. Afterall, haven I been struggling with the issue of discontentment? As I was having such defeating thoughts in the toilet, my colleague suddenly called me on my hp. "Jasmine, come to the office now. We are having the lucky draw and you are one of the selected 6" After one look in the mirror, I went to join them. All excited and smiley faces standing in a circle with a blue bag in the centre. I must have looked odd with my sian face. My colleagues said to me, "Come, you go first? The paper with the word H is the winner." I gave a skeptical look and reach into the bag. What came out was a small white paper with a large H and two hearts. Yup, I was the winner. Again. A smile came to my face. God, thank you for the blessing in disguise.

One nite weekend hotel stay with 2 breakfast buffet which I wanted to give my mum. It happened becos God made it happened :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

KEEP GOING!!!

No comments: