Freshness

Freshness

Sunday, July 18, 2010

In sickness and in health

"Our wedding was just like a show", the cab driver was telling me in a slightly exaggerated tone. I love to talk to him and listen to him cos he is so funny. He was telling me that his wedding 10 over years ago was over a period of 2 days cos the venue (non-existent now) does not have enough tables and he had to invite the male side for one day and the female side for the next day...I replied that his wife must be happy cos she can wear two different set of clothes. He gave an immediate "ya lor" and shared that his wife look beautiful in a kua and I was like, "what's a kua? Is it a cheong sam? He was insistent it was not the same den I told him his wife must have a great figure and he said "last time lah". As he shared about his wife, I can sense his love for her. How he shares fondly about their wedding, last as though it just happened yesterday and about her boss etc and how he kept saying, "Last week, my wife and I...my wife and I..." It's almost like his lingo haha...It's sweet to know that the love can be so real even after many years of being together and when each other's figure and looks have deteoriated and when the busyness of life seeps in and the many many things. The sweetness that can only come with the big C - commitment. Now, that's a big word and carries many implications plus the rewards as well. Yesterday Weizhu asked me when is my turn. Two qns he asks me all the time is when is my masters over and when I am getting married ha. Soon, I will be able to tell him, in few months time I will be free and with a masters certificate! My efforts these 2 years... For marriage, I told him jokingly that I am commitment -phobic haha. After all, it's for a lifetime and it's serious business. Every marriage begins with a beautiful story, bitterness and sweetness interweaved and the process ongoing still marriage and after. Peter and Sharon's story birthed out of an accident which proves to be God's way of bringing them together. Through the crisis, they see the commitment of each other and the sacrificial love of each other. The best formula for 2 person set on marrying each other. As the wedding vow goes, "...in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part".

No comments: