Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." - Albert Einstein

I am someone who loves coincidences, simply because it's something beyond our control and almost divine. Out of the many possibilities, how can something just happen like that? Maybe that is why I like the show 'The Leap Years' very much, my favourite local production. I remember a particular scene when the male lead took a big sheet of paper written "OK" and stand in the middle of nowhere, agreeing to a date from Li-lin. It was a funny scene.

This week I experience 2 coincidences.

One was on Monday when I was going to NUS and Zhiyong happened to be meeting his friends at Clementi for dinner. I didn't expect to see him as we were crossing the road and I was like, "what a coincidence..." though he looked a little distant haha...

Another was today when I was supposed to meet a principal to discuss about a case and when I saw her at the gate, I was like "Oh mi gosh, I know her! She is my ex-colleague..." When she first saw me she couldn't recognise me but after a while she was like, "You grown fatter, I can't recognise you" well....what a way to reconnect. But nonetheless I thank God for the opportunity. After 4 years!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was an exceptionally happy day because I finally clocked my 50 sessions and completed my first placement module. 50 more to go!

As usual, I enjoyed my supervision session. He always provides me with different perspectives, challenge me in my counseling approaches, perspectives and teach me more about men in general , being a man himself :) We spoke about two of my cases in which one is a client having communication issues with her husband. Midway through our analysis, he suddenly sat up, in a slightly pushy tone and asked me, "Jasmine, what do men really want?" I was like...hmmm... thinking...1 second, 2 seconds..."Sex?" I replied. His frown told me that my answer was wrong. And he said, "That is always the last thing".

Ok, I got it. This coming from a hot-blooded, passionate and married man. I better take him for his word :)

I asked him about MPC and he told me that DISC for couples is outdated and that there are other tests in the market which are more useful such as Prepare and Enrich as well as FOCUS inventory.

I thk God for my supervisor who always inspires me, encourages me, show concern (ask me to drink red bean soup), sees my potential (he ask me to go for trainings), believes in me by telling me at the end of our session to break my bond and he will hire me immediately. I appreciate him giving me 2 hours of his time when our supervision session is only 1 hour. God, you are good :)

No comments: