Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Plus and Minus


Yesterday my couple did not turn up for the session. They are ending up in divorce. That's number 4 for me. I do hope that the next one will have a better ending. Maybe then I will be able to say that one in every 5 couples who comes for marital counseling does not end up in divorce. Well, at least that's for me.

Pluses and minuses, this is what life is about. You gain some, you lose some...the process goes on. I thank God for my client who gave me bad rating last session, come back with a renewed hope in him and good news of a job interview after waiting for 4 months. Such things keeps me going. I was glad that I passed him that book instead of thinking that it won't matter since he appeared to be resistant. I was touched at the end when he told me that he will come back for sessions with me after he gets his job because work is just work. Once again, it's the light at the end of the tunnel.

There was another client, a child who asks me what is the magical word I said to him. Honestly, I could not remember myself saying that I would give him a magic word. He was persistent and kept asking. Well, I tried but I just cannot remember it.

I guess everyone is looking for a little magic in their situation, no matter how bad it seems. Waiting for a miracle to happen which will set things right.

God, can you create a miracle in all our lives? We need you.

No comments: