Freshness

Freshness

Saturday, June 19, 2010

If only it can always be like this

I just came back from staff day, it's a bowling event this year...Though I din win the first prize like last year, I pretty much enjoyed the event. I managed to know a few colleagues more and also share about my personal life to another colleague who took the inititaive to come and talk to me. Honestly, I was very touched as we seldom get to talk to each other, her in the childcare and me in the social work department though we knw each other for abt 4 years alrdy. It's prob like what they say, the most familiar stranger :P She was sharing with me about marriage life, relationships and all that...thank God for her and she said she will pray for me (though I dun think she is a christian). I also had a chat with my colleague about church and we shared our fears, concerns and thoughts. It was good to hear her views on this. I also thank God for the colleagues who encouraged me each time I bowled and we are the SUNSHINE team, name chosen by me!

I find myself enjoying the event very much, it was just like eat, play, laugh, slack and talk crap and I talked a lot of crap haha. Not sure if my boss if shocked cos she is at the lane next to me but I dun care lah, I mean, it's staff day leh, when else can we relax... It's amazing how anyone can really be friends minus the stress and status. No office polictics, no climbing over another to get somewhere higher, no meeting of deadlines, no curt remarks, no comparing, no gossiping, no judging, no complaining etc. Jus pure enjoyment of one another's company. After all, we are HERE because we have the same passion. We love the children and we want the best for them. We love to work with people. My brother says that his ideal job is when his job doesn't feel like a chore. I told him that my job doesn't feel like a chore but I realised that the joy is slowly seeping away, consumed by the workload and stress.

I wish to be the same person I was just now as I am at work. Someone who can simply be myself 100%. To scream like a schoolgirl when I got a strike, to share my dreams, fears and concerns, to share about my personal life, to eat and eat without having to watch the time, to play with the children and squeeze their cheeks, to laugh like crazy, to pose in the pictures like an idiot, to joke with my colleagues, to choose a 'childish' name like sunshine team just becos I feel like it and to give Hi-fives like nobody's business...

Work, life, me. How to strike a balance?

No comments: