Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happiness redefined

My supervisor said to me just now, "A lot of people think that happiness comes from reaching a certain goal. Once I earn a lot of money, once I get that masters... I will be happy. What happens to now till then?"

It's true, happiness can start from now. It doesn't have to be restricted by a timeline or goal. It's the process and not the results that matters as much. We can enjoy what we are doing now and learn from it, along the way. Each time I attend the class, to appreciate what I can learn from my classmates. Each time I do my assignment, to learn from it. Each time I counsel, to learn from the experience and be thankful that the client allows me into his/her life.

I want to do more with the kids in the Home, to know them better, to be more involved in their lives. I want to build them up. I want to do more with my life and whatever little giftings I have. I want to touch lives, I want to get re-connected to old friends, I want to connect with people I love, I want to explore the world, I want to expand my mind and heart.... happiness can be now :)

It's not about wishing for the moment, the moments will come by themselves...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank God for the good grades for my assignments...This semester proves to be better than the other two...Finally I get a very good for my essay!

No comments: