Freshness

Freshness

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Say what you need to say, do what you need to do

How do you know when you are really stressed? I guess for me, the litmus test is when you stop counting. When you stop checking that schedule of yours because it just freaks you out... The many things to do, coupled with things that threaten to pull you down. It feels like you are moving forward and every step you take, you feel like you are being pulled into the sandpit. You need more strength with each step and yet after what feels like a hundred steps, you realise that you have not moved much. Your body is perspiring profusely and you start to have wandering thoughts of letting yourself sink into that sand and let things happen as they will, however it will be.

Does the image stop here or does it keep running?

Perhaps sometimes it just takes a different way of doing things or to push ourselves forward till that 'point'. Instead of walking forward but to lie on the sand and roll ourselves forward. Lord, you determine our every step. How can we, then, understand things our own ways?

If today, I have to be buried in the sand and gone forever, will I carry with me the regrets of not being true to myself? Or that I have not tried enough or think of a better way out? I guess not cos as far as possible, I feel that I have put me my level best in most things I do and be as honest as I am capable of, to myself and others. For now, that is good enough.

Other things will just have to be left to be dealt on its own.  

No comments: