Freshness

Freshness

Friday, February 26, 2010

Bottom zero to sky high

I was having my self-doubts as I spoke to Trac and told her that my client called to cancel the appointment. I was feeling a sense of insecurity that it was something that I said during the session which was not right...But, I felt that the session went well, so what was wrong?

- Was it the advice I dispense?
- Was I being too directive?
- Was it because she did not feel comfortable with me?

All these questions were just flooding my mind and being the person I am, I kept asking the staff whether the client said why she cancel the appointment. She was also clueless as to why. So, I had to bear with the ambiguity and moved on.

This morning, I contacted the staff and she gave me the number of the client saying, "I thought that you might want to call her back." I was slightly apprehensive when calling her back as I dun wan the diplomatic answer which is a hidden form of rejection or worst, an outright critisim. Regardless, I braved the possible outcome and called her. She picked up the phone and I was surprised she could recognise my voice and immediately apologized that she was busy and could not make it. She shared that the techniques I taught her was very helpful and he followed it. She said that she did not have to shout at him. She also said that he wants to come for the next session again.

I cannot further express how elated I felt. It's like whoa...from bottom zero to sky high my spirits was. It worked! And all my fears and doubts were dispel. We made an appointment for next week and yep, she will continue to come and meet me. My prayers were answered, thank you God for your assurance, at a time I wondered whether all my sessions are just going to be once-off.

简单但却很真实。

No comments: