Freshness

Freshness

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 - See what others cannot see, feel the invisible

Last year's countdown was spent at East Coast Park. Cycling, card games, stingrays, baileys, water bombs, sprays and tents.

This year's countdown is at Peninsular Excelsior hotel. Board games, pizza, guitaring, singing, "nobody dance", fireworks at Padang, sprays and citadels.



2010 marks a new beginning and definitely a great ending...cos I would have gotten my masters by then. Also, there are the many weddings of good friends... Looking through my past year resolutions, I think I only met one of them perfectly. The rest are all like..."Next year??" haha..nah, I'm not gonna set the same resolutions. The past shall remain as the past. Afterall, it's a NEW year. Finally packed all my stuff, I am feeling a great sense of achievement, been wanting to do that for a long, long time. Not my resolution but more of like a must-do in desperate times (when u just can't stand the sight of the piles on your desk...yup, that's the time!) 

I am kinda excited about what the year is going to bring. Venturing into the known and unknown, I look forward to growth. A year of new experiences and dreams coming true. I watched "Seabiscuit" (Shu's present for me) and was truly inspired by the never say die spirit of the horse and the jockey. Sometimes, "the gift" gets forgotten along the way as we run into the wall too many times. Beaten and ego totally bruised, the willpower and faith depletes to zero. It takes someone who truly believes and feels for the lost to breathe new life into their dreams. Someone who can see the gift in someone when no one else (not even themselves) can. An unpolished gem waiting to shine.

"Sometimes when the little guy doesn’t know he's the little guy he can do great big things"
(Quote from Seabiscuit)

No comments: