Freshness

Freshness

Friday, October 16, 2009

Thanksgiving Point #5: In His Time

I was having my usual QT on the bus on the way to work. As I was reading the word, the shadow reflected on the bible caught my attention and I looked out of the window. I was reminded once again that God's light is shining on me. The brighter the sun is, the clearer will the shadow be. The bad times may come but He has predestined it. The shadow is just a mere reflection of God covering me under his mighty wings.

"How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you"
- Psalm 139:17-18



I sometimes think about the Cross,
and shut my eyes, and try to see
The cruel nails and crown of thorns,
and Jesus crucified for me.

But even could I see Him die,
I could but see a little part
Of that great love, which like a fire,
is always burning in His heart.

(Recapturing the wonder)

I was reading the book and was appreciating this poem, on how true it is that sometimes, what we are able to see or fathom is just a glimpse into what really IS. God has His perfect timing cos when I looked up, I have reached the bus-stop. I almost missed the stop but God allowed for me to make sense of what I read and yet, allow me to alight at the right stop.

No comments: