Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thanksgiving Point #3: Sweet Alarm in the morning

True Friends are like Post-It pads, they remind you what you need to do - Jiayan

I awoke to a lovely message from Tracy of what God spoke to her from Psalms and it brought a smile to my face. "may this simply remind u tt God has gone ahead of u, he will give u strength & energy 4 e battles always, U are watched over with love."

Two stories from my 2 close friends which stick to my head till now in the week and remind me of what I need to do:

The Bench With The Sticker On It (Tracy)
There is this bench I liked a lot at Changi beach. When I sat on it during my quiet time with God, I felt at peace and happy. I went back another day, wanting to out a sticker on the bench I sat on. Before that, I went to sit on other benches and found that I can see a better view from there. I wondered why I liked the bench I first chose. Then it dawned on me that the day when I sat on it, it was a very sunny day and this bench which was next to a big tree provided me with the most shade. I decided to paste my sticker on it.  

The Beautiful Vase That Refused To Be Moulded (June)
There was a lump of clay that refused to be moulded by the potter, not wanting to go through all the pain that it will experience from the moulding. However, despite the protest, it was picked up and being moulded to be a beautiful vase. Finally, it is done. The completed masterpiece looked into the mirror and was amazed at what a beautiful vase it has become. It was all worth it!

No comments: