Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Point #2: The next generation

Andrew and Joel came to my workplace to lunch together. It was quite funny to begin with cos Joel got lost but it was kind of expected cos the area is really ulu. But thank God I still got a ride from him to Serangoon Gardens :) It was really an enjoyable time together, easy and relaxing. The enthusiam and the joy that comes from Andrew as he was sharing about his work encourages me a lot. Forward-looking and positive.

I asked them how they think that their ministry have prepared them for work. Andrew shared that it trains him to be more resilient and not give up easily. Despite discouragements from people, he continue to hang on and serve God with much joy and energy. As for Joel, he shared that it is the character built over the years as a christian which will help him to remain steadfast to God in the workplace. Thank God for the next generation of leaders He is building.

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."
(1 Timothy 4:12-16)

I am very encouraged by Andrew who told me he remembered that I bought a book for each CG member some time back and I cannot remember it at all. It encourages me to keep the faith and to carry on with God's work. It is hard to move on when we keep turning back.

No comments: