Freshness

Freshness

Monday, June 22, 2009

Family Day 2009

It was Father's Day and I spent it with my 3rd family...my colleagues, the kids and their families. Had Family Day at Hort park and the theme is family tree. Around more than 20 families turned up and we had a good time of games at the place. It was scorching hot but the children were exceptionally happy as they seldom get to spend quality time with their parents. Every moment counted. The food was great, I had the best shepherd's pie ever. I decided to make it the first dish I am going to learn how to make. I used the polaroid camera borrowed from Alexis' friend and snapped away. They were all so excited to have their family photos taken. The power of momentos! We have a tree that is bare and each family has to decorate on the leaves and paste it on the tree so that it becomes filled with leaves. It was a spectacular sight. At the end of it, I just feel so touched by the event. I can feel the hope for the families and the love exhibited by the parents in their own ways. The process may be difficult, the journey tiring and long but they are going to make it, as long as they keep trying. And yes, I am going to be one of these branches which extends myself to them to give them a lift! I love my job becos I love the children and their families. I love to see them succeed. I enjoy talking to them. I am comfortable with them. 2 more months and I will be here for 3 years...well, that's a milestone for me. God, pls carry me thr in my passion for them and use me...to touch their lives :)




This is shepherd's pie, Zhiyong wans me to bake for him on his birthday...No promises...

No comments: