Freshness

Freshness

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Psalm 119

The following verses from Psalm 119 are what struck us (the CG) as we read it together. It is amazing how the bible can be described in many ways, which are relevant to our daily living.
PSALM 119 (The Message Version)
How can a young person live a clean life?
By carefully reading the map of your Word.

I'm single-minded in pursuit of you;
don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.

I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart
so I won't sin myself bankrupt.

Divert my eyes from toys and trinkets,
invigorate me on the pilgrim way.

My sad life's dilapidated, a falling-down barn;
build me up again by your Word.

I see the limits to everything human,
but the horizons can't contain your commands!

Your words are so choice, so tasty;
I prefer them to the best home cooking.
Shuling shared that as she looks at this verse, she is reminded of the advertisement of Pringles. Once u pop, u can't stop. Many times, when we read the bible. Once we read, it does not seem that difficult to stop... hence, it is so important to have the desire for the WOG that makes us feel that we just can't stop :) Find this an interesting analogy.

I hate the two-faced,
but I love your clear-cut revelation.

Everything's falling apart on me, God;
put me together again with your Word.

I'll give total allegiance to your definitions of life.
Expose all who drift away from your sayings;
Break open your words, let the light shine out,
let ordinary people see the meaning.

Steady my steps with your Word of promise
so nothing malign gets the better of me.
Rescue me from the grip of bad men and women.

Even though troubles came down on me hard,
your commands always gave me delight.

As those out to get me come closer and closer,
they go farther and farther from the truth you reveal;
But you're the closest of all to me, God,

Take a good look at my trouble, and help me—
I haven't forgotten your revelation.
Take my side and get me out of this;
give me back my life, just as you promised.

Your words all add up to the sum total: Truth.

Give my request your personal attention

No comments: