Freshness

Freshness

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A man in a silly red sheet


I realised something about myself today...I am an extroverted introvert. This is the term used by 1 of my coursemates. It describes people who are naturally introverts who act like extroverts due to circumstances.

No wonder I am bushed! 2 straight days of being 'fully present' (almost) with a group of people bursting to share about their lives in a continuous fashion. Wow, this is a feat for an introvert like me! Not to mention the assignment deadline looming. I close my eyes, tell myself it's a dream. I open my eyes. To my dismay, nope... it's not a dream. Arghh....Come on Jiayan, you can do it! Keep going!

My heart kind of resonated with the heartcry of Superman in this song now... Do not confuse external victories with the inner victories, search deeper within. It's not about the silly red sheet we wear. It's our heart that matters to God :)

Im only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me
Inside of me
Inside me
Yeah, inside me
Inside of me

(Superman Song)

No comments: