Freshness

Freshness

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lord I'm Amazed By You

Today I experienced the Grace of God in a very intimate way... To me, the grace of God brings to mind the image of my little finger holding on to His big hand. Underservingly, I hold on to Him.

Things have been moving fast, activity after activity. Though unconsciously I feel I have been doing the right things, I do not have the time to consciously examine the purpose of each activity. In the quiet of the night after the party, I sat thinking about the event that has passed. I am thankful to God for goodhearted people who joined us. Melinda who baked gingerbread man for everyone in the group. Edwin who told me he is glad he is part of us and Brian who offered to help with the logistics even though he is uncertain what is going on. I am genuinely praying in my heart that they will join the CG. Looking at myself, inexperienced and full of weakness yet God chooses to use me and bless me. I can identify with the testimony shared by Meihong how she appear lesser in comparison to her siblings but God gave her a confidence to serve. A song I love came to mind - Amazed.

You danced over me
While I was unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound
Lord I'm amazed by You...
How you love me


Pastor Jeff shared before that when he sings this song, he visualise God as a father watching over a child sound asleep. In God's protection, I feel His love and assurance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely picture that goes well with ur entry. Just that day, I noticed a little baby boy sleeping soundly on his dad's shoulder in the midst of a lot of noise. Like the boy, we can rest in God.. safe and secure in God's grace.

And I'm glad to see some familiar (Choon Leng, Huiyen, Hdwin) and new faces in the photos. And not forgetting, you & the CG :)

Anonymous said...

I like the picture alot too :) You know, I thought of you this morning.It was raining cats and dogs out there and I seriously din feel like going to work.I thought of you, that it must be snowing over at your side and that it is even more impossible for you to leave the house..dragged myself out haha