Freshness

Freshness

Monday, November 24, 2008

What is My Passion?

What Is My Passion?

Yesterday some of us met Peter at CN & Christine's House for a session of ministering when he prophesied over all the leaders. The place is really beautiful!

Before the time of prophesy, he shared with us the passage from Romans 15;17-20:

"Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done— by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ. It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else's foundation."

From the passage, he brought out 2 points. One of which is on how much are we allowing the glory of God to fill us. He shared about the example of Billy Graham playing golf with the president. After the time spent together, the president exclaimed that he can feel the presence of God in just short interaction with him. Secondly, Peter asked all of us what our passion is. He shared that his passion is in evangelism. I am inspired by the change in his life. He shared that he used to be a very shy person who does not dare to share testimony. However, as God convicts him, he starts to want to share about how God has bless his life to the others around him. His pastor challenged him to send out emails on evangelism to people, to share what he knows. He started from 100 people to 500 and eventually to 2500 currently. It's amazing how God expand his influence as he obeys!

My passion is for the broken-hearted and I really pray that God will use me in this area, to reach out to the weak and poor and to lift them up. I look forward to how God can extend my influence in this area in time to come.

There are a few things prophesied over me:
* To have a Mary's heart, seeking intimacy with God daily
* Seeking a breakthrough. Vision of a narrow road. Though the path is narrow, it will be made available to me if I am willing to pay the price
* The Joy of the Lord is my strength in serving Him
* Trust in God even when things do not appear logical
* Build up my foundation, I am a lighthouse.

Seems like my new year resolution is set for me haha...

No comments: